Monday, November 14, 2011

Marathon Recap II- The day before the Race!

Ok. So I do not even remember where I left off, but I am pretty sure I left of on Thursday before the race.

I am going to write about the Friday then you can have the actual race recap.. Or what I can remember as I have blocked most of it out.

Dana and I woke up Friday.  I went to get some free breakfast from the hotel.  I did not like what they had so we showered and got ready to hit the road on our way to the Race Weekend hotel where all the Team in Training participants stayed.  We stayed at the Marriot Riverfront.  We check in, looked at our hotel, put some stuff away and got on our way to begin looking at the city.

Before I get any further, let me please rant about our hotel.

It was right on the water and right at the start line.  That was about the only thing I liked about that hotel.  As I begin my rant, please remember that this hotel was packed with TNT participants.  We had a room that overlooked the atrium.  There was a pool in the middle and we shared a balcony with a suite.  Ok. That isn't too bad we thought.  Oh we were wrong.  They need to have soundproof glass doors because we were above the bar and we heard everything going on.  Next door was a suite, with a bunch on people.  They were not quiet.  And thinking that it was a race weekend, don't you think they would go to bed early? or not wake up the morning after the race anytime after 6:30? NOPE!  It was horrendous!  We did not sleep all weekend, we were exhausted.. yes. I will stop there for my hotel rant.  I am a sleeper, I need my sleep but I have to have perfect sleeping conditions.

Ok. so we checked in and then bought tickets for the trolley around town.  That was a waste of money as the whole city is waling distance and they were cheaper everywhere else.  I learned my lesson.  But I do guess it was nice to see this by Trolley on day one instead of walking around.  We got off the Trolley where we can go shopping.  It was so cold and windy and there was no sun.  We stopped to buy Dana a hat.  We found a bar for food, Shipwrecked.  The food was good.  Nothing too special but we were hungry and cold.  We then searched for a candy store. We stumbled upon a cake shop and shared a cupcake.  We went back on the Trolley to finish the tour after we ate our way around Savannah.  By this time, the traffic was starting to pick up and it took us way to long to get back to the hotel.  I then got ready for the Inspiration dinner.

The inspiration dinner is always Inspirational.  Make sure you attend one if you can:)

We ate, talked and were inspired by speakers, patients, and survivors.  I do not really know what to say but WOW :)

We took pictures and it was final preparations for race day and it was off to bed.  Yes, I slept:)



Again, I am a sleeper and was not really nervous for the race.  I knew no matter how long it took me, I WAS FINISHING:)

Apparently my pictures of the Trolley and Savannah are somewhere else..WOOPS.. I will post more soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends