Sunday, August 7, 2016

Dopey Training Week 1 Recap

HI! How are you guys?  I just wrapped up week 1 of Marathon/Dopey training.  I also wrapped up my first (official) week back at school.  The students start Wednesday so I still have a few things to do around the classroom.  I received a fun package from Uncommon goods so I was able to geek out for a few minutes and sanitize my phone.  I will have a review about their site later this week.  


Such a nerd!!

This weeks training went surprisingly well.  3x before work I was able to run and I am hoping to continue that even with the earlier start time once the students come back.  Instead of having to be home by 7am to shower and be out of the house by 7:30, next Wednesday I will have to be out of the house by 6:30.  One the weather starts cooling down and the feels like is not more than 108 degrees I can start running in the evening.

Dopey Training Week 1:

Monday: Easy day consisted of a 2.5 mile slow hot walk :) then 21 day fix pilates. I thought it was necessary to not set an alarm for my last official day off.  Totally worth it

Tuesday: 6.5 mile 12:16 pace. Tuesdays are normally tempo, but I thought it was more important to note trip over my feet at 0’dark thirty.  

Wednesday: 3 mile recovery run- 11:50 pace- I was super happy that I negative split that run

Thursday: Speed Work 7 miles 2x400, 2x800, 2x1200 with same revery in-between ( except for the 1200 because I was beat!  overall pace 11:42

Friday: Rest day!- how glorious

Saturday: Long Run with Team.  8 miles 11:55ish pace and negative split

does the view get any better?
Sunday: 3 mile recovery 12:33 pace.  I was surprised how sore my legs were.

total (running) miles: 27.5 


1 strength training day.


How did your week go?

I had to come home on Thursday and take a nap.  I also wish I would have gotten a true tempo run it but I am till very happy with how this week went.

1 comment:

  1. I have to leave at 6:30 in the morning for work too, but unlike you I am not good about running before work, so I'll be baking at 4:00pm.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends