Friday, April 25, 2014

It's almost show time

... and by showtime I mean raceday

I still here writing his and it is just about 36 hours until I get into that water to start the 1500 meter swim for St. Anthony's Triathlon.  

So many thoughts are going through my mind right now I don't really know where to start nor am I going to put them out here.  My anxiety is elevated but I do know however long it takes me to finish.. I will finish.. Unless there is a flat tire then I really do not know what I am going to do, besides cry.

So here are my goals

1.  Finish
2.  Not die
3.  Be able to function on Monday :)

Ok, so here are my other goals.

Swim.

I want to make it out of the water and not be the last one out.  I have never done a tri before so I ideally have no idea how long it is going to take.  1500 meters, can I be out in 45 minutes?  I hope so.  

The Bike

Not fall or break the bike.
The Bike is 40k which is about 25 miles.  I am not a strong biker (yet) so I am hoping to finish under two hours.  There are turn on the course and well, knowing me, I will fully unclip for those and slow down.  Better safe than sorry in my book.

The Run

I am looking forward to this run.  I am looking forward to being done with the swim and bike and just going.  The temperate has been on the rise for the last few days and by the time I am ready to run it will probably close to 11:30?  My original goal was sub 11 min miles but with the temps being close to 90, I really don't know what will happen.  I will still strive for that goal..



so Final goal.. Finish around 4 hours.

And there you go ladies and gents, my very high goals for my first triathlon.

Also, thank you to everyone who has donated and supported me along the way.  This was NOT an individual effort.



What are your tips for my first tri?
How much am I completely forgetting?

2 comments:

  1. Genna, I have yet to attempt a tri so I commend you on the effort without any advice! Good luck to you and may you surprise yourself with the results!

    -- Bill (Rilla6969)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some tips, but I hope everything went well! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends