Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer of Fun..Oh I mean RUM!!!

I cannot believe how quickly my summer is coming to an end.  In just a week, it will be over and what did I do?  It feels like nothing but I completed an amazing first month of marathon training, traveled to Israel, ran around Central Park multiple times, shopped along the streets of New York City, lounged on the beaches of Cape May, New Jersey.  I traveled to Key West, Florida for the first time and stayed at the Pilot House where it was "clothing optional" at the pool (yup, I learned that is NOT my thing), and I have been house hunting like it is my job.  Unfortunately it is not my job and I have to go back to the real world bext week and earn a living.  Not to break anyones bubble, but I do NOT get paid over the summer, incase you all thought teachers just get paid to have summers off.  

There are a few things that I am looking forward to that happens after school starts and that is the Summer of Rum Festival.  I get to celebrate the first week of classes with students with RUM!!  So on Saturday, June 24 at 4:00 I will be enjoying myself in VIP in downtown Tampa.  You too can get all the details here on facebook.  Also, I will be giving away two General Admission tickets at the end of this post.  
3c5134_f3e1337e80c7f7c92743023bef42b848.png_srz_103_225_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz.png

Here is how you too can fest!!

General Admission:  $15 in advance or $20 at the door if there are tickets still available.  This is likely to sell out because of the limited amount of tickets. 
 "GA Admission gives you access to the Summer of Rum with all day re-entry privileges.  Enjoy live entertainment on our main-stage, each our unique rum zones, rum shacks, and more while you sip on your rum drinks. 
Once inside, your rum drinks are ALL ONLY $5 (full 12 oz. drinks, not those little tasting sized cups)."

Endless Rum Cup: $55 in advance and $65 at the door.  There are only 500 tickets available.
The Endless Rum Cup is the best way to drink UNLIMITED Rum Drinks at all of our Rum Zones (food/beer/water sold seprately). 
"These tickets also include GA admissions with all-day re-entry access, and 16-oz commemorative Summer of Rum hurricane glasses — your vessels for enjoying endless, refreshing drinks!
Rum Zones include the Cruzan Daiquiri Deck, The Naked Turtle and The Appleton Rum Shacks, and much more"

I am really excited because it is no fun to have to think about having to drive home after this so hotels are having deals so..NO DRINKING AND DRIVING.  The Courtyard Marriott and Hilton Garden in are having specials, you can see them here.  




I was given tickets to the Endless Rum Cup and will be live tweeting that afternoon.  Follow along here.  

Here is how you can win your General Admission tickets!

All you need to do is leave a comment telling me you want to go to the SUMMER OF RUM FESTIVAL.  
For additional entries:
Follow me on Twitter  and tweet about the giveaway!
Join the Summer of Run Facebook Group
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram.
Leave a comment for each entry.  

Contest will end on August 9.  Please make sure you leave an email address so you can be contacted.  The tickets will b mailed to you.  

*I will be given 2 Endless Rum Cup Tickets to blog about this event, as always, all opinions are my own*

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know about this?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an awesome day of drinking with friends. We can be 13 yr old girls on Friday at BSB and drunk 20somethings at the rum fest on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends