Tuesday, July 5, 2016

So what's next?

So what’s next?



Since my last marathon in December of 2014, I really haven’t done much in terms of races.  I got burnt out. I was doing race after race because I was in shape. I was using the races as long runs, and apparently trying to run all the miles!  Gasparilla, as fun as it was, was probably the tipping point of races; 2 days- almost 30 miles.  I was tired and I took about a year off of running, completely. I was loving Orange Theory Fitness and on my wedding day I felt happy and confident.  

Post OTF Bod :) 


I ran two half marathons last season and didn’t hit my goals.  I trained well, I just don’t think my body is where it used to be.  My expectations were high, the conditions weren't perfect, eh, life happens. Last year as my first time not training for a marathon since my first one in 2011.

Post Goofy Stuggle in 2014- Ready for it again

I am finally ready to train for a marathon again! This marathon is a little different than my last one.  Not only is it a marathon over a weekend, I am also taking on the 5k, 10k, half marathon, and then the marathon.

I keep getting the question, “Why would you do that to yourself?”

I am doing it to help raise funds for the leukemia and Lymphoma society.  (<--- Click to DONATE)  One day I will be luckily enough not to have to run to raise money, but to run because there is a cure for ALL cancer.


Post Goofy Stuggle

I am also doing it for me.  I needed a “fun” race to get into without a time goal.  I have to love running without a time goal because if I do not hit that time goal, I beat myself up too much and that is not what running should be about. The niche of team in training is like no other.  I cannot wait to get back out there with my team!
One of my proudest accomplishments- Goofy!

I have been working with Abby trying to get my speed back and base building!  I am excited for the official start of training later this month!

What has been the most fun race you have run?

Mine was definitely Goofy in 2013 (or whenever that was)

What did you do for the Holiday Weekend?
We went up to Jacksonville for the day then stayed local on Monday.  We have a scaredy cat!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you to do this! 4 days of running, amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends