Friday, October 28, 2011

Marathon Training: Long Run: 13 Miles

So, This post may be a little late and I am going to keep it very short..

Last week I had a 13 miler.  It's Taper Time guys!!

It was down at Ballast point, so I did my friday night routine, got up Saturday ready to Rock N Roll.

It was very nice and was very relaxed after having Friday off :)

So.. It was time to start going and it was dark (6am) and FREEZING for us Floridians!! It was about 55 degrees when we started.  I had no idea what I should be wearing.  Pants, Capris, shorts, Tshirt, Tank, long sleeves?  I was a deer caught in headlights so I brought a change of clothes if I needed.  I wound up wearing a Tshirt, shorts and a long sleeve over..I didn't start to warm up till mile 9 when I was headed back in the direct sun.

It was a very nice run minus the wind..Boy was it windy along Bayshore.

I wasn't really watching my pace, I didn't really care.. and when I did look about halfway though I was shocked.  Mostly because I looked at my pace the night before from my first 4 miler.  I was right under 13 minute miles, which most people walk faster than me.

So I was determined to keep up a good pace.  And when I say good, it is all relative to the person.  I was never a runner and just got back into running in June, so it has been 5 months I have been running fairly consistently.

At mile 9ish I was rocking an 11:18 pace

It got a little slower after that as it began to warm up, I had to go against the wind, and I did not realize that the wind can really affect you.

SOOOO... I finished up my 13 nice and strong.

Team In Training has a nice potluck waiting for my fat butt.  I ate some pretzels and drank some water then went back out to bring in Nicole.  We finished the last half mile together.  We started out first day of training doing 2 miles and we finished with a lot more.

We took our picture, talked a bit and when on with our day.
Nicole and I :)


Well, I am not going to go into my crazy weekend of weird events.  But I am wishing you all a happy weekend and happy halloween


Now here is my question for you.. 
How long did it take you to get reach your ideal pace? or
 Start to see a difference in your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends