Saturday, January 2, 2016

happy new year!

Happy New Year!  

Are you tired of hearing that yet?  We are constantly being reminded on all our social media sites, Facebook, twitter, instagram, but I guarantee I will be writing 2015 for a few months.

How was your 2015?  How was your New Years?  

I have to say my 2015 was pretty spectacular.  My students are wonderful, we adopted 2 beautiful kitties, I got married, and during the last week of 2015 I finally found my running mojo.

It has been so long since I've been here, to be exact it was October so I should catch everyone up on things that went on.

August I had my bachelorette party that my best bridesmaids planned and threw and it was so much fun!  It was great to get to see some friends I don’t get to see too often and wear tutus and party :)
The girls relaxing poolside with a selfie stick


My amazing sorority sisters
In October, I went up to New York and my aunt threw me a fabulous bridal shower!  it was great to get to see family since many did not come to the wedding.


Not the best but sister, mom, me, and aunt in NY
No caption needed
November,  My mom, sister, and a few bridesmaids threw me my bridal shower and the day was absolutely perfect!  We are so blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives. 

Bridesmaids
Behn and I got married and it was perfect!  Well marrying him was perfect but the actual day was a HOT MESS!  We are still talking to Carnival Cruise lines about so many of the wrongs and all I want is for them to take some responsibility.  Yea, I would not recommend going that route for a wedding but it did come highly recommended to us.    With that we also went on a cruise, it was a blast.

Surprise cake for hubby
Welcome dinner...
In December, I was accepted to run the NYC Half marathon again and I am so excited about that.  I lost my running mojo back in February after running the Gasprilla challenge and getting into this race was just what I needed to get my up and going.  I hired Abby as my coach and I am looking forward to working with her.  (I'll talk more about that decision on 
another post)



We also celebrated Joey's birthday and tomorrow we will have had him for exactly 1 year






We also adopted our Toby to make us a family of four.

Just chillaxin at the vets

That purse is mine?
I really cannot wait to see what 2016 holds for my little family!

I will certainly go into many more details about all that is gong on but wanted to give you a quick recap of the last few months.

What resolutions or goals have you made this year?  
Mine is to be happy and healthy


How was your 2015? 

3 comments:

  1. My 2015 was all over the place! I got a promotion, my husband got a promotion, but then my son was dealt a lot of blows with a broken leg that took him out of running for the entire year! It was just a year of ups and downs. I hope 2016 is consistent.

    I loved all your wedding pictures. It looked like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the kind words! That is so great about you and your husband but not so great about your son. I hope he can get back on his feet soon, I know it really helps him out!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your wedding and the expansion of your family. It definitely looks like you had an awesome year end.

    This year my intent is have in increase in my health, wealth and travel. I look forward to a prosperous and fun year filled with adventure.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends