Sunday, September 25, 2011

Marathon Training: Long Run: 15 miles

This week came and gone very quickly and before I knew it, it was Saturday...

Friday after work we found out about schedule changes for teachers.  I went to Grillsmith for a quick dinner of breadsticks, water, pasta and grilled chicken.  Came home, got ready for Saturday's run and went to bed.

Saturday we met at Flatwoods park for Jessica's 20 miler.  I had no clue what I was running.  I had every intention of running 16-18 miles, but was told I was only doing 14.  It's funny that I use the word only, and that I asked for more miles.  What have I become?  A running machine? I think not.

We got started around 5:30 for out outside the park run of 6 miles.  Boy was it muddy.  I was slipping and sliding all over the place, and not to mention how dark it was.  I was not a fan of the outside park for 6 miles.  3 is O.K.  Jessica and I used Home Depot as a bathroom break talked about my fears for race day then made our way to the park.

Once inside the park, I was on to tackle 8 more miles.  I started talking to PJ and Jim who are training for the Disneyworld Marathon.  They were nice enough to run with me, but once we got to the bridge it was ALL down stream from there.  The bridge it flooded very often and we have to take the bridge over, but this time it was beyond flooded.  We had to take our shoes and socks off to cross.  I am not a fan of this one bit.  I am weird.  I will not go to a water park without water shoes (hence me not ever going).  I have no problem walking outside barefoot, but too many peoples feet are yucky.  We had to do the same thing on the way back.  It felt nice and cool, it was a lot of fun to see everyone else do it.
The flooding was much worse than this, as it filled up the bridge.  We had to derobe to get over.

Miles 8-12 flew by talking to new people.  Mile 13-14 was great talking to Lyle and Cindy about teaching, Savannah, etc.  It made the miles fly by.  I as feeling well that I went back to look for Jessica and Teresa.  Jessica was still flying at mile 19.5 when I ran her in for her last half, being her personal assistant with her gadgets,( thats where I got my extra mile in) then Teresa came in and we were off to Panera Bread.

I am not going to lie, after Panera I went to Michaels then had to drive through Dunkin Donuts for a Pumpkin Muffin...Delish

Saturday Morning was great:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends