Friday, September 9, 2011

My first post :)

How original am I, I name my first post, "My first post"!  Yup, that is me..Real Original.

Well, as the title states, this is my first and I do not really know how to begin it.  My friends call me G-Money, my family calls me Goosey, and my students call me Ms. H.  This is not my first blog, I started one a little over a year ago to document my training for my first half marathon.  You can find that here.  That was too complicated to keep up, so I hope to keep this one going.
I am currently a first year teacher as well as a first time marathoner.  I am training with Team In Training to complete Rock N Roll Savannah on November 5, 2011.  I was never a runner but one year my New Years Resolution was to run a 5k, I did that and figured, what was next.  Next came the half marathon and I completed 3 Halves and figured, mine as well go for a full.  And that is where I am now, training for my first FULL MARATHON.. Let me remind you, I was NEVER a runner!

I start this blog the night before I am supposed will run 18 miles.  This will be my longest run EVER.  I am nervous as I am busy hydrating and carbo loading!.  I have to mentally be ready, and that is the hardest part.  So many blogs have inspired me to start a blog and keep going.  I hope to inspire someone, whether is be to run a little longer, further are start journaling their runs!

Happy running and I can't wait to hear all of your feedback:)

1 comment:

  1. You can do AL I belive in you! Let us know how the 18 goes tomorrow,I added your blogspot to my favorites. You are an inspiration to all of us non-runners. Keep runnin.- Leslee

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends