Sunday, September 16, 2012

My weekend in Review


Alternate Title: What I didn't buy this weekend

Wow.  Boy was this weekend busy yet relaxing at the same time.  It was jammed packed with things I was supposed to do, things I did, and things I wanted to do.  I don't even know where to begin.

This weekend was my students Cross Country meet that I had to miss because I was signed up for the Central Florida Blogging Conference.  Unfortunately, I had to miss that as well.  Since I had to miss both events, I figured..I should at least be somewhat productive so I went out for a 20 mile jog in accordance to my the New York City ING Marathon plan.  That is shortly approaching and I owe you all a recap of that soon.  Conquering 20 miles is more than a physical challenge, it is mental.  I tend to psych myself out and make it worse than it is.  Well, I conquered those 20 miles with no Garmin (more on that in the next post).  After 20 miles of "fun" (please read torture) I headed to Panera for delicious "breakfast" and some great company.  My breakfast consisted of a pumpkin bagel, turkey, tomato, and onion.  After all, I did just run 20 miles.  

Since I conquered those miles, I thought I needed a reward so I quickly went home, showered, lesson planned and headed to Sports authority because I had a 20% off coupon and needed wanted a trainer for my bike.  Not only did I pick up a trainer, I also picked up shorts, and some power gels for the next 20 miler.  
(I will post pics soon once it is all up set)

My New toy!
Next stop was Fitniche because my Garmin died at mile 4.5 of 20 miles so it was necessary to get a new one.  Not only did it die, it is completely dead!  I don't think there is any restoring it.  Luckily, Brain was there to help me out!  Not only did I do all my research before hand, my Coach spoke to him that day and I caught him as he was walking out the door.  Now that is great customer service (and he knew he would make an expensive sale). I was there trying 4 models on for about 30 minutes talking to EVERYONE there getting their opinions.  I went with the Garmin 910 thanks to John, Jen, and Brian.  My excuse, tri training.  It sounds good in my head.


Marathin by Essie

Lastly on Saturday I made it to  Target because I "deserved" a new nail polish and some Big Bang Theory.  I did need running tops.  I walked out with two nail polishes, Big Bang Theory season 2,  3 running tops and ingredients to make rice krispie treats.  

Saturday evening was nice and relaxing.  My roommate and I ordered Chinese food, watched some BBT and called it a night.


Sunday was a little more relaxing as I graded, ate, shopped for tulle for my tut for the RunDisney's Tower of Terror 10 miler in two weeks.  It is the same night as the USF v. FSU game so I will be showing my school spirit in a Green and Gold tutu!  I will post the final product as soon as it is done!

How was your weekend?  What did you accomplish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends