Thursday, November 29, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


This month I decided to participate in Lindsay’s Foodie Pen Pals. Basicially, she assigned you a person to send some goodies to worth about $15.00.  

Courtney was assigned to me and I was assigned to Victoria.  When I received Courtney's email, she asked me what I liked, what I didn’t like.  If I had any allergies, would I be Ok with homemade, real great questions because I had no idea what to expect.  I told her I do not like nuts, am staying away from dairy, love chocolate and peanut butter.  About a week later, a package came in the mail!  I was so excited and it came just at the right time!

I opened the box and started going at it!  Almost before I was able to snap a few pictures.  

On top was a card letting me know all the items enclosed were made in her town.  Wow, what a great idea!  I just sent my Penpal some of my favorite holiday treats :)

Inside there was mustard, jam, coffee, peanut-butter chocolate bar, and an almond toffee dark chocolate wafer.

I looked at it unsure what to do because I hate coffee and mustard.  I never thought to tell Victoria this!  What I did was give it to my mom to try it and tell me how it was, she loved it!  I then went into the toffee wafer and was a little hesitant because it said almond on it and dark chocolate ( I do not like dark chocolate).  Once i opened it, I couldn't put it down!  It was one of the most delicious things I have tasted and really want to email her and ask for more.  Next was the peanut butter chocolate bar which was good as well.

I was very happy with her picks and believe she put a lot of effort into it!  I loved her theme of items of where she is from.

I can’t wait to tackle next months Foodie Pen Pal!

Have you participated in an exchange like this?  What do you think of it?

How do you decide what to send?  

And I promise to add pictures once my computer wants to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends