Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blog Love: The Leibster Award

Recently, Tori over at In Love and Peanut Butter gave me a Leibster Award!! Thank, Tori :)


I was honored and surprised because 1. someone reads my blog and  because Tori is a rock star!!! She just complete her first Ultra and is now training for a 70.3. Go check her amazingness out.  I secretly stalk her 
Here’s the skinny on the Leibster Award:
This award is given by bloggers to other new bloggers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain more recognition.
The Liebster Award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
  1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
  4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.
After looking into this award I’m still not sure how to determine if I blog has 200 followers or not. I decided to make my list of new-ish blogs like mine. Narrowing it down wasn’t easy since I’m totally sucked into so many awesome blogs, but here they are, in no particular order.  (Words from Tori but they fit perfectly)

1. John over at fat slow triathlete.  I met John when he was training for Disney Wine and Dine and I was training for Savannah RNR Marathon.  He is currently training for a 70.3.  He is inspiring and has come such a long way from his first training with Team in Training while training for St. Anthony's.   
2.  Rachel over at Runners Tales is inspiring.  I have never met her but have just found her through twitter and started reading her blog.  She is currently training for Irongirl Clearwater with a crazy schedule and also doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women (which i just purchased and ready to try). 
P.S. I will be volunteering the Irongirl Half
3. Megan over at Little Girl in the Big World is a blogger who talks about living in the "grown up world". I met Meghan in grad school but weren't really friends.  I found her on FB or somewhere after she ran her first Half Marathon.  She is currently getting into Wedding body mode and you should check her great inspiring work!
4. Morgan over at Caution: Redhead running is so inspiring.  I know she has more followers than 200, but I think it is important to go over and read her story on her injury.  She was been without running for 9 months and finally has the clear to start training again.  I read her story because I haven't ran since December so I know what she is going through!!
5.Maggie over at Mags Rags to Riches is the place to be for all the fashion advice!  She is one of my sorority sisters who I have unfortunately lost touch with but her site is great!!! She has such a sense of fashion I am very jealous of!  

As for 5 random facts about me, here they are:

1.  Sometimes I think I have a really good voice and am spot on but then people such as my roommate or sister tell me otherwise.  (I am tone deaf and thats how I get my students to be quiet),

2. I want to do a half iroman but am scared of the skinny tires on bikes and scared of the Ocean,

3. My favorite foods are shrimp, green peas, pasta, cookies and creme ice cream, and pineapples,

4. My favorite movie of all time is Grease.  I know every line in that movie,

5. I've donated my hairs twice for Locks of love and am growing it out again to do it again:)

6. This is added just for fun, I suck at adding pictures to my writing.

Do you have a new-ish blog like mine? Link your address below! 

1 comment:

  1. oneofthoserunningpeople.blogspot.com

    I would love more readers so I have people to hold me accountable. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Leave me a message and we will be best friends